Thursday, January 17, 2013

How to make hard boiled eggs in the oven.


Aka, how I won't be making them from now on. Here is a photo of my oven-baked hard-cooked egg. I'm not really impressed with the oven technique. They were no easier or harder to peel than boiled ones (that has more to do with the age of the eggs, the time you soak them during cooling and technique), they came out yellow, had burn marks and the muffin pan has to be one of the more pain-in-the-butt pieces of kitchen hardware to wash by hand. Nothing and nobody makes better hard-boiled eggs than me and my little steel pot. P.S., I turned this batch into egg salad. Experiment over. 

In case you want to try it, put eggs in a muffin pan and put them in a 325° oven for 30 minutes. Then cool in ice water for 20 minutes, then peel. This recipe came to me from the internet, but originally came from Alton Brown (specifically his book I'm Just Here For The Food, which I have owned for quite some time.)

Stay tuned for a future post wherein I make perfect hard-boiled gets with my little steel pot.

UPDATE: Read all about making perfect hard-boiled eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment